We have 37 guests and no members online
The NEW CareerDFW and CareerUSA.org
Welcome to the NEW CareerDFW and CareerUSA.org
You may have noticed a few changes. We have a new template and updated operating system and this allows CareerDFW and CareerUSA.org to be a more secure website with up-to-date programs. In addition we are now mobile friendly. Check us out on your mobile phone. We also have drop down menus so you can get to what you want quicker.
We have also launched CareerUSA.org for those in other parts of the US.
Due to this, we had to make a few decisions so we did not have to update two websites for each change. CareerDFW.org has all the same information (calendars, group listings, etc.)
We did make a few changes:
1) We have renamed and moved the File, Books and Websites to Resources on www.CareerUSA.org website.
2) We moved the Tip-Of-The-Week to www.CareerUSA.org website.
3) We moved the NEW Jobs board to www.CareerUSA.org website.
4) We moved the Humor tab to www.CareerUSA.org website.
If you click on any of the tabs (1-4 above) on CareerDFW, it will open a new window and take you to the correct part of the CareerUSA.org website.
Nothing has been deleted, all the same infomation is at your fingertips.
You can read about the organization that helped CareerDFW with it's website makeover by clicking here.
How to use the Calendar
How to use the CareerDFW Calendar
This section of the website has several calendars. We are using the program Google Calendars. All of the data come from the "Everything" calendar.
Just under the above and right above the calendar you will see a line that has several items...let's look at each one (left to right):
1) TODAY - if you click this button it will take you back to today's date. You will see a red line on the calendar which is the current time on that day.
2) - By clicking on the right or left arrow, you can advance the calendar one week at a time (forward or reverse).
3) Next you will see the current date range that you are viewing.
4) Next to the date is an arrow, if you click on it, a calendar will open that you can then pick a date to view.
There is no way at this time to look at the calendar one day at a time. This is a Google issue. I wish they would fix it.
On the right side of the calendar you will see:
5) A printer symbol and the word Print - This will allow you to print out the calendar
6) There are three tabs you can select, Week, Month, Agenda
a) Week - This is the default - you can see all the events for the week
b) Month - Here you can see all the events on a monthly calendar.
c) Agenda - This will allow you to see what is happening in a list more. This is very useful when there are many events on one day.
7) Click on this symbol and a drop down box will open. When you select or deselect the check mark those events in that category will appear or disappear from the calendar.
You can click on any of the events (in week, month or agenda mode) and see a When, Where and Description of the event . You can then click again to see more details, see a map how to get there and get directions or copy to your Google calendar.
Each event is color coded Career /Job Fairs Special Workshops or Events Career Networking Meetings Business to Business Meetings Professional Meetings Webinars, Teleseminars, Radio or TV Shows
If you are not looking at the "Everything" calendar, you can look at the calendar for any of the categories above.