Meetings are business casual and cell phone friendly. Be sure to bring business cards to share.
There MAY be a charge for materials at many of these groups.
Be sure to check out the groups in your area...click here to go to the map of the groups listed below.
• Career Care @ St. Andrew UMC - Directions: St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 5801 W. Plano Pkwy, Plano. Park on the east side of the campus, which is the Mira Vista street entrance, and park in the upper North lot and enter those doors. The rooms are down the hallway.
- "Quick Start Your Job Search" @ St. Andrew UMC - If you are NEW to your job search and have recently attended, or you are planning to attend, the regular St Andrew CareerCare program on Monday nights, then we invite you to come EARLY and attend a special session at 6:00 PM SHARP (arrive 5:45) to "Quick Start your Job Search", and then join the regular session at 7pm (see below). No registration is needed, and it is also a free session. Content:- Our volunteer professional recruiters will present "Quick Start your Job Search", an overview/orientatio n on how to develop and conduct a search from start to finish, including a resume template, registration for CareerCare job postings, and advice on interviewing, networking, etc. in a one hour "quick start" format at 6:00 PM in room 137. Then, at 7:00 PM you will join the regular meeting in the Youth Commons room for networking to get leads/contacts and hear a speaker who goes more in-depth on one key aspect of the job search method.
• CAREERSOLUTIONS Workshop & Radio Program – This 12-week recurring workshop is FREE for the unemployed, and unhappily employed. We use faith-based principles, coupled with the experience of a 31 year HR career of our founder. We meet 6-9pm at multiple locations around the metroplex, to equip those in transition: Resumes, Interviewing, Networking, Job Search Planning, Negotiating Job Offers, Financial Survival and much more. Our radio program, “CAREERSOLUTIONS with David Rawles” airs to augment and support principles taught in our workshops with expert guests discussing current employment issues. For more info go to www.careersolutionsworkshop.org … Workshop is FREE. Materials Cost is $40 and includes David book, Finding a Job God’s Way.
- Groups by Location
- CAREERSOLUTIONS Radio with David Rawles - Radio Program every Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 3:30 - 4:00pm at KDKR 91.3 FM. You may also listen online streaming live at www.kdkr.org.
• CareerWorks - Wilkinson Center - CareerWorks is a 2 week course designed for job seekers who have a hard time finding job due to employment barriers. In this class students will learn how to think like the employer, develop good answers to difficult questions and how to market yourself. Students will also develop a 5 year career plan. For job seekers without computer skills, there is a 6 week basic class that includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint offered prior to the start of CareerWorks. There is an onsite computer lab available for students to use for job search after class and a Jobview Kiosk machine.
All classes are FREE. There is an orientation the 3rd Friday of every month at 10am. The classes are Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 11:30am. To attend the orientation, please call Eyeisha Washington at 214-269-1418 x 391 or Rachael Berhe at 972-284-0311. Wilkinson Center at Eastfield College in Pleasant Grove. 802 S. Buckner Blvd, Dallas 75217. www.wilkinsoncenter.org
• CAREER TRANSITION WORKSHOP - The Career Transition Workshop is designed as a 12-week recurring series to help job seekers. It is open to all unemployed, underemployed, and employed individuals in transition. The workshop targets executives, managers, and professionals. People from all walks in life, however, can benefit from the series. During the workshop, participants learn proven tools and techniques to advance their job search. They get the opportunity to network and fellowship with other seekers. The methodology we teach participants to use is time-tested, faith-focused, and biblically-based. Consequently, it works! For more info go to http://www.careertransitionworkshop.org. This program consist of a 12 week program...you can jump in on any session.
- CTW Locations
- Dallas - Tuesdays 6-9pm, Park Cities Baptist Church, 3933 Northwest Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75225. For more info, call 972-702-0761 for the title of the next Tuesday night session.
- North Dallas - Thursdays 6:15-8:30pm, Bent Tree Bible Fellowship, 4141 International Parkway, Carrollton, TX 75007. For more info, call 972-428-1475.
- Southlake - Mondays 6-9pm, White’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 185 S. White Chapel Blvd., Southlake, TX 76092. For more info, call 682-365-6367
• Career Transitions - Plano @ Prestonwood Baptist Church -The Tuesday evening Career Transition meeting at Prestonwood Baptist Church will be taking a break as we are in the process of developing a new program to address the needs of those who are in the midst of a career transition. In the meantime, to receive updates on the status of the Tuesday meetings, please go to www.prestonwoodfoundation.org and click on the Career Transition tab on the top left hand corner.
• Career Transition Ministry @ Irving Bible Church - We meet Wednesday 6:30pm to 8:30 in room West B. Here is link to the building map http://www.irvingbible.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/IBC_Building_Map.pdfWe offer an 8 week program to guide you through a successful job search along with support and fellowship. You are welcome to join at anytime during the program. A couple of the weeks are set aside as open discussion nights to address your concerns. Let us give you a view from the Hiring side to assist you in preparing your resume, teaching you interview skills, reviewing how best to use networking in your job search, providing information on internet searching, and much more.
• Frisco Career Transition Workshop @ Stonebriar Community Church - This is the BEST one day workshop in the DFW area. Human Human Resource professionals specialized in recruitment and staffing teach advanced skills, techniques and secrets for job-hunting strategies: Utilizing the Internet and Social Media in your job search, Job search strategies, Resume writing, Networking, Interviewing, Negotiating techniques. The workshop is for anyone seeking work - unemployed, under-employed or just seeking new employment. The workshop is offered on Fridays from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, 4 times a year. The workshop is FREE, snacks and lunch included along with a workbook. To Register online, please visit: www.stonebriar.org (Helping Others - Community Care - Frisco Connect - Frisco Career Transition Workshop "Register Here"). You must register - http://www.stonebriar.org/helping-others/community-impact/frisco-connect/
• Path Forward: Life Solutions for Today's Job Seeker @ First Baptist Church - Garland - is a ministry of our church that will provide help, hope, and healing for the job seekers in our community. The purpose of this ministry is to provide individuals with: Help - by practical and useful training and tools to educate and assist, Hope - by scriptural encouragement and biblical mentoring, Healing - to allow persons to move on from the previous experiences that may hold them back. Path Forward meetings will be held on Monday nights in the MAC, from 6:30-8:30 pm. MacDonald Activity Center (MAC) building First Baptist Church-Garland, 425 S 9th St, Garland, TX 75040, (972) 276-5273. The planned program will span 12 weeks, with four seminar cycles offered annually - spanning the entire year, since job searches aren't limited to a certain time of the year. There is no charge for this ministry. Sessions will include tools & tips for résumé writing, job interview techniques, networking, and other related topics. Biblical perspectives on jobs, career, and related personal issues will be offered as well.
Offices by Location
- Job Search Seminar - TWC - Garland -Fridays from 2pm - 4pm at TWC, 217 North 10th Street, Garland, TX 75040 call 972-276-8361x2110
- Job Search Seminar - TWC - Preston @ Alpha - 5955 Alpha Rd, Suite 200, Dallas, TX 75240, call 972-388-5600
- **All Workshops are First Come, First Served. Limited Seating** (as of 8/4/14)
- UI/WIA Orientation - Mondays @ 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Intro to Computers - Tuesdays @ 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Microsoft Word I - Basic - Tuesdays @ 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Microsoft Word II- Intermediate - Wednesdays @ 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m
- Microsoft Word III- Advanced - Thursdays @ 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Microsoft Excel I - Basic - Wednesdays @ 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m
- Microsoft Excel II - Intermediate - Thursdays @ 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Microsoft Excel III – Advanced - Fridays @ 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m
- Interviewing - Fridays @ 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- PowerPoint - Fridays @ 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Résumé Writing I - Wednesdays @ 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m
- Résumé Writing II - Thursdays @ 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Workintexas.com (How to use) - Tuesdays @ 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m
- **All Workshops are First Come, First Served. Limited Seating** (as of 8/4/14)
- Job Search Seminar - TWC - Grand Prarie- Thursdays from 1:30pm to 5pm at TWC, 801 West Freeway Street, 5th Floor, Grand Prairie, TX 75051 call 972-264-5881
- Job Prep Seminar - TWC - Grand Prarie- Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 1:30pm to 5pm at TWC, 801 West Freeway Street, 5th Floor, Grand Prairie, TX 75051 call 972-264-5881
- Job Club - TWC - Terrell Office - The WIT (Work In Texas), Job Club brings together local unemployed people of all ages who are looking for work and ready to enter the workforce. Here, job seekers help and encourage each other to find work. It provides a range of facilities and services to help Job Club participants return to employment. It is free of charge and is available to all Workforce Solutions customers who are Job Ready. Under the expert guidance of the WIT staff, you will receive training and support in developing your job seeking skills and the Job Club will provide you with the resources needed for an intensive search for work. They meet each Thursday from 1-2pm at WorkForce Solutions - Terrell Office, 109 Tejas, Suite 300, Terrell TX 75160. 972-563-7271
• The Womens Center of Tarrant County -The Women's Center believes passionately in the value of strong, long-term and short-term employment programs that help people get into the labor market, build skills, earn income, advance in the labor market and be financially self-sufficient. The Women’s Center of Tarrant County is located at 1723 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76110. Job-seekers should call our direct number at (817) 927-4050 to register for the orientation. For more info go to http://www.womenscenter.info/Esnew.htm There are three main Employment programs:
- Jobs Now! - A two-week group-training program that features individual assessment, job targeting, job search training, and job placement assistance, designed to help people find the best possible job in the shortest possible time. There is no cost to participate in this program.
- Strengthening Family Services - An intensive job readiness and placement service for welfare families who want better futures. Participants must pre-qualify with Department of Human Services or the Workforce Center. This program is provided in partnership with six Workforce Centers in Tarrant County
- Individual Employment Assistance - This job search service is primarily for the unemployed and under-employed, who cannot participate in JOBS NOW! training classes. Clients must be referred by a Women's Center staff person. Career assessment inventory available for a small fee.