NOTE: MOST GROUPS ARE NOT MEETING IN PERSON AT THIS TIME. CHECK OUT THE WEBINAR CALENDAR TO SEE WHAT GROUPS ARE MEETING ONLINE. If your group is meeting in person, please let us know.
Meetings are business casual and cell phone friendly. Be sure to bring business cards to share.
There is NO CHARGE for participation at any of these groups, unless noted.
Be sure to check out the groups in your area...click here to go to the map of the groups listed below.
• Career and Financial Services (CFS) of Jewish Family Service (JFS), a nonprofit community agency serving the Greater Dallas community offers several different programs for the job seeker. For more information about any of the programs call 972-437-9950 extension 340 or visit https://jfsdallas.org/services/career
- Confidential, one-on-one appointments with professional, caring Coaches are available by appointment, and provide individualized assistance to each client. For the time being, Coaching sessions are being conducted through confidential video chat sessions.
- Free, weekly online job search skills and career training seminars are led by expert Coaches. Seminars have been designed to provide job seekers with effective adaptations they can implement in today’s shifting labor market. Topics include search and career strategies, interviewing, networking and resume strategies, among others.
- Seminar information is available at www.JFSDallas.org/Events
- Online, verified job leads are available at https://jfsdallas.org/services/career/jobs/
- Produced and posted by CFS Coaches, webinar and article tutorials that support career and financial success are available to view anytime at www.JFSDallas.org/services/career
• Career Care @ St. Andrew UMC - Directions: St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 1401 Mira Vista, Plano. Park on the east side of the campus, which is the Mira Vista street entrance, and park in the east lot next to Smith Worship Center, enter the East patio doors to room 131 registration/check-in table.
- First-Time guests Orientation: "Quick Start Your Job Search" @ St. Andrew UMC - If you are NEW to your job search and have recently attended, or you are planning to attend, the regular St Andrew CareerCare program on Monday nights, then we invite you to come EARLY and attend a special session at 6:00 PM SHARP (arrive 5:45) to "Quick Start your Job Search", and then join the regular session at 7pm (see below). No registration is needed, and it is also a free session. Content: Our volunteer will present "Quick Start your Job Search", an overview/orientation on how to develop and conduct a search from start to finish, including a resume template, registration for CareerCare job postings, and advice on interviewing, networking, etc. in a one hour "quick start" format at 6:00 PM (check in at room 131 registration table). Then, at 7:00 PM you will join the regular meeting to get leads/contacts and hear a speaker who goes more in-depth on one key aspect of the job search method.
- • CareerConnection – Is the oldest and largest career management and networking organization in the DFW area. Founded in 1992, this group has assisted tens of thousands of professional in networking, career management and placement. For more info go to www.careerconnection.org or call 214-739-7153. University Park UMC, 4024 Caruth Blvd. (Preston and Caruth), Dallas, TX 75225.
- General Meetings
- CareerConnection - This orginal meeting meets each Tuesday from 9 am to 11am at University Park UMC, 4024 Caruth Blvd. (Preston and Caruth), Dallas, TX 75225. For more info go to www.careerconnection.org.
- CareerConnection - This orginal meeting meets each Tuesday from 9 am to 11am at University Park UMC, 4024 Caruth Blvd. (Preston and Caruth), Dallas, TX 75225. For more info go to www.careerconnection.org.
- Groups by Discipline - Check at the Tuesday main meeting if these groups are meeting at this time
- Project Management Career Management Group of CareerConnection - For more info go to https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ccpmgroup/info
- General Meetings
• Career-in-Motion @ Watermark Community Church - Our Vision - Many people in our body have gone through big careers changes, some planned and some unexpected. Careers-in-Motion is dedicated to helping members of our body during these often stressful times of change. We want to help you through that transition period by praying with you, providing counsel during your job search and directing you to other helpful resources. Weekly Meeting - In order to connect with us, please come to our Careers in Motion meetings that occur each Tuesday at 8am on the 3rd Floor of the Watermark tower. Visit us at http://www.watermark.org/dallas/ministries/careers-in-motion Typical Agenda: 8:00 - Networking / Orientation, 8:15 - Announcements,
8:30 - Panel or Speaker, 9:30 - Networking, 10:00 - Battle Teams, 11am - end of meeeting
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SPEAKERS AT Career-in-Motion MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING 5 STATEMENTS:
I believe in the deity of Jesus Christ
I believe eternal salvation is available only through Jesus Christ
I accepted the Bible as the authoritative Word of God
I have received Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord
If asked by someone during the CIM meeting, I can give a clear presentation of the Gospel message
• Career Search Network - www.CareerSearchNetwork.org - Career Search Network’s approach to today’s job-search market is simple: Provide a location for qualified unemployed or under-employed professionals to meet and exchange professional networking data, job leads, company contacts, company and industry research. Combine this with 21st century job search strategies, career search workshops conducted by savvy industry professionals and add a healthy dose of positive reinforcement and career search accountability…at no charge and you have a better idea what makes Career Search Network unique. Choose the CSN branch that’s most convenient, sign-up and come prepared to participate and be inspired!
- Groups by Location
- Arlington Career Search Network (Formerly - Job Networking Community (AJNC)) - A networking group for job seekers with a diverse membership. We are a group of unemployed or under-employed people who are networking to find our next job. The AJNC meets in the Student Center of First Baptist Church of Arlington, every Monday morning from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. The student center is located at 401 Spaniola Drive, Arlington, TX 76010, and the Student Center is located across the street from the UTA Bookstore. For more information, please visit http://fbca.org/ministries/community-connections/arlington-job-networking-community/
- CSN Community at Bible Way - Meets Every Tuesday night at 7pm at the Bible Way Community Baptist Church, 4215 N Greenview Dr., Irving Texas 75062. 214-728-6930
- Engineering/Technical Focus Group - Networking for the Engineering and Technical community. Our meetings are Tuesday from 9:00-10:30 AM at White’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 185 S White Chapel Blvd – Evans Hall, Room 2236, Southlake, TX 76092. Discussions generally focus on current opportunities across many markets -- architecture, manufacturing, healthcare, energy/oil/gas, to name a few -- and all engineering disciplines including electrical, chemical, mechanical, civil, industrial, and aeronautical. We share job leads, discuss current industry trends, and offer round table networking. We occasionally invite guest speakers and we encourage working technological professionals to participate with the group. We strongly encourage all engineers and any one with a technological interest in their job search to attend and share with others. For more details go to https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CSN_Engineering/info
- Fort Worth Career Search Network - To join this group, one must attend our Monday morning meeting. It starts at 9:00 a.m. We suggest you arrive early to register and to start networking with our members! The Fort Worth Career Search Network (FWCSN) group meets EVERY Monday at North Fort Worth Baptist Church at 5801 North I-35W, Fort Worth, TX 76131 (located in the Northwest corner of I-35W and North Loop 820). Once you attend your first meeting, you will be allowed to join our YahooGroups Site where members may post messages and job leads generously, but concisely! More information and directions can be found at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FWCSN/info.
- North Richland Hills Career Search Network - This group provides support to fellow professional job seekers in the North Richland Hills area. We exchange job leads, network, offer useful strategies for a job search, share information on job search workshops, and provide support and encouragement to each other. Facilitator Jim Bandy.· To join this group, one should attend our Tuesday morning meetings that start at 9:00 a.m. We suggest you arrive early to register and to start networking with our members! Meeting location is at: North Richland Hills Baptist Church, 6955 Boulevard 26, North Richland Hills, TX 76180-8807
• Career Jump Start @ First United Methodist Church in Richardson - To guide our job seekers during their job search process by offering excellent informational and motivational speakers and programs; providing an opportunity to network; and assisting each member to utilize their God-given talents and abilities to become contributing members in our community. There are many ministries in the DFW area that focus on the crucial needs of the job seeker. What makes Career Jump-Start unique is that it provides guidance for a “Successful Job Search”. We do not duplicate; we guide our members throughout the entire process. There is no charge and we hope you will invite those who you believe will benefit. Meets every other Tuesday nights from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Ogden Fellowship Hall (north side of Sanctuary building). (Exceptions include weeks where there is a holiday during the week, and weeks where events at the Church result in no meeting space available.) First United Methodist Church, 503 North Central Expressway, Richardson, TX 75080. For more info go to: https://www.fumcr.com/caring_career
• Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Group- This group has merged with the Retail Executives. (See below.)
• Dallas ATD Career Development Special Interest Group (SIG) – This SIG meets on the 4th Monday of most months. It is free and open to learning and performance professionals who are members of Dallas ATD. Non-members may attend up to 2 sessions of any SIG free. After 2 sessions, you must join Dallas ASTD by paying the annual dues. Please visit http://tddallas.org/Events for information on upcoming meetings.
• DallasHR JobLink for Human Resources Professionals - JobLink is a free career development program for individuals seeking employment in the field of human resources. Individuals who are currently unemployed or who have been notified that their jobs are ending are welcome to join. Membership in DallasHR is not required. JobLink meetings are held on various dates at 9:00 a.m. at the Dallas HR office, 5001 LBJ Freeway. Suite 800 (Heritage Square II - Argosy University Building) Dallas, TX 75244. Please visit www.dallashr.org/joblink for dates and topics or call 214-631-8775 for more information on these free networking meetings.
• DFW Career Focus Group (THIS GROUP IS NOT MEETING AT THIS TIME) - This group of professionals (from a wide variety of professions - not just sales and business development) who are unemployed or under-employed meets each Tuesday from 8 am to 10 am. New member orientation starts promptly at 8am and will join the main meeting at 8:30am. Started in 2002 by the late Dennis O’Hagan, the group meets at St. Andrews UMC, 5801 W. Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093 (approx ½ mile east of the Dallas North Tollway on Plano Pkwy). Please Park in the north east parking lot (behind the church). From Plano Parkway go north on Mira Vista and pull into the parking lot behind the church. Enter thru the double glass doors on the north side of the building. There is a canopy over the double doors we need to enter… Once inside the bldg. take the stairs on your right to the second floor. Elevators are available a few feet further down the hallway on the right. Festival Hall is at the top of the stairs. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/DFWsalesandbizdev/info
DFW Careerpilot - a free weekly workshop event held most every Thursday Morning, 8:45 ’til 10:30 AM. NEW location as of 11/21/19 - Another Broken Egg Cafe, 4520 Frankford Rd #100A, Dallas, TX 75287 (One block west on Frankford from the Tollway.) For more info go to https://dfwcareerpilot.com/
• Employment Transition Ministry (ETM) @ First United Methodist Church Richardson - volunteers assist both members and referrals of the FUMCR community in their efforts to find employment, change careers, or return to the workplace. ETM's goal is to reduce the time of employment transition by networking with many local organizations, and through introductions to local companies represented by the members of FUMCR. Come visit us on every Sunday in room 209 at 11:00AM. A computer workstation will also be available for job-search use in the FUMCR library during their regularly scheduled hours.First United Methodist Church, 503 North Central Expressway, Richardson, TX 75080.For more information go to https://www.fumcr.com/caring_career
• The Executive Healthcare Network DFW - (In-Person or On-Line) - Set up for all healthcare veterans as well as those wanting to get into healthcare to attend, either in person or over the computer. Meets on the 4th Wednesday of the month via in-person (Divergence Academy. 14665 Midway Road, Suite 220; Dallas 75001 (west side of Midway 1/2 way between I635 and Beltline)) or online via zoom (check the CareerDFW calendar for zoom link.) For more info contact Gary Stillman. 214-538-7866
• FENG (Financial Executives Networking Group) www.thefeng.org is a national organization for senior level financial executives. The purpose of our chapter meetings is to offer an invaluable opportunity for you to create a sharp focus of your background with the other members and to network for opportunities.We get together once a month. We occasionally have guest speakers. The bulk of the meetings are to network, meet new members, share leads and go over updates on leads. It is a no-pressure casual meeting where members can join in fellowship to discuss things. The normal schedule for the monthly meetings of the DFW Chapter of the FEI/FENG is the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 pm unless otherwise noted. If our organization fits your background, you are most welcome to attend. Call Bob Walker, Dallas Chapter Chair of the FEI/FENG, with any questions at 214-532-1152. Find out more at http://thefeng.org/chapters/announcement.php?ChapterID=15
• Frisco Career Transition Workshop @ Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco - This is the BEST one day workshop in the DFW area. Human Resource professionals specialized in recruitment and staffing teach advanced skills, techniques and secrets for job-hunting strategies: Utilizing the Internet and Social Media in your job search, Job search strategies, Resume writing, Networking, Interviewing, Negotiating techniques. The workshop is for anyone seeking work - unemployed, under-employed or just seeking new employment. The workshop is offered on Fridays from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, 4 times a year. The workshop is FREE, snacks and lunch included along with a workbook. To Register online, please visit: https://www.stonebriar.org/careertransition/). Stonebriar Community Church, 4801 Legendary Drive, Frisco, Texas 75034.
• Frisco Connect - meets regularly on the first and third Tuesdays of each month from 9:00 a.m. to noon in the Multi-Purpose Room, building B on the Legendary Drive side of the campus (east side) at Stonebriar Community Church, 4801 Legendary Dr., Frisco, TX 75034. Foster Williams will lead these practical meetings where you can network with others seeking employment in your particular industry and with those currently employed. There is no cost for these meetings, and no registration is needed. For more info https://my.stonebriar.org/portal/friscoconnect
• IT Focus Group - The networking group is for all jobseekers seeking IT opportunities and also we invite any IT employees as well that would like to help the unemployed obtain employment. All facets of the IT market will be observed. If you are involved in IT in anyway, we strongly encourage you to attend. We will be discussing the group's ideas of a national and perhaps a global prescence. We will be meeting Tuesdays at White’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 185 S White Chapel Blvd – Evans Hall, Room 2234, Southlake, TX 76092 at 9:00am.
• Job Connection Ministry @ LakePoint Church - Job Connection Meetings - Networking, Learning and Support for Job Seekers during their job search.
Every Thursday morning 9:00 AM to Noon – Room A128, Lake Pointe Church, Rockwall Campus, 701 E. Interstate 30, Rockwall, Texas 75087
- JOB CONNECTION MEETINGS (Networking Meetings) –
Join us in our weekly meeting designed to support individuals who is currently in a “Job Search”. It is intended to provide training and encouragement to individuals during their ongoing job search. Job seekers will be able to:
> Interact with Job Coaches to receive both group and personal support on resume improvement, interviewing, and networking techniques
> Network with other like-minded individuals who are also in an active job search to share leads, ideas and concepts that have discovered during their individual job searches
> Access computer resources to aid the job search
> Learn new techniques and nuisances of the job search process
Meetings will be every Thursday 9 AM to Noon at Lake Pointe Church, Rockwall campus in room A-128
• Job Searchers Club - Bedford - Workforce Solutions of Tarrant County will host a Job Club on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. The Job Club is designed to assist people in finding job leads to obtain employment. Open to the public. Bedford Public Library, Bonnie Finn Room, 2424 Forest Ridge Dr. Bedford, Texas 76021
• Job Seekers Ministry of The Heights Baptist Church of Richardson - visit http://www.theheights.org/jobseekers/index.htm for more info on this group.
• Lincoln County Networking Group - We're a loosely organized, talented group of folks, headquartered in Plano, Texas, with members all over the country. We all are (or have been) in the same boat and are serious about helping others with networking, leads, and job search information. We are a networking and lead sharing group, not a recruitment agency, although we have a number of recruiters who work with us routinely. We meet weekly, Thursday mornings at 7:30 a.m., at NORMA'S Cafe, 8300 Gaylord Pkwy #19, Frisco, TX 75034 Meet with us weekly for networking, or, if you prefer, you can be a member "at large" and stay connected through our daily emails. The only obligations of membership in LCNG are that you need to be willing to: 1) share leads (that you aren't personally pursuing) with the rest of the group, and 2) agree to take calls from others in the group to help with networking and referrals. For more info go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lcngroup/
Network4Careers - Our goal is to connect local employers with career seekers as well as provide tools to further enhance career searches. We meet the 1st Wednesday of each month from noon to 1:30pm at Denton Public Library, South Branch, 3228 Teasley Lane, Denton, TX 76210
• Real Estate Networking Group - We are a group of real estate professionals who provide job seeking support & networking information to our members within the DFW area. Our group consists of active job-seekers & employed professionals who may want to change jobs. We are a diverse group of real-estate professionals from many functional areas. We have members in property & asset management to development & acquisitions to finance & mortgage bankers to architects, Engineers & facilities planners. Come and network with us. We meet each Friday from 7:30am to 9:30am at the Spectrum Center, 5080 Spectrum Dr., Suite 122 West,Addison, Texas 75001. Spectrum Center, located in the Northwest corner of the Dallas North Tollway and Belt Line Road, in Addison. The conference center located just off the lobby of the West tower in Suite 122 West. Please park in the garage Visitor Parking on level P1. The garage is accessible from Spectrum Dr. Please do not the surface parking spaces. Free parking until 9:30 AM. As always, the meeting will begin at 7:30.1) Park near WEST ELEVATOR. 2)Take WEST ELEVATOR to LOBBY. 3)Exit elevator and turn right down first corridor. 4)The conference center is at the end of the corridor on the right – Suite 122W. If you have any questions, please give us a call: Rick W. Waggoner 972.571.1299 , Dene Allred 972.333.7200, Dan Newell 214.649.1029. For more info go to http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/RENGDFW/
• Senior Connection – started in 2002 This is a networking meeting for individuals age 50 and older who are looking for employment. It’s an opportunity to learn about employers who are “Older Worker Friendly”, other employment resources, and ways to be competitive in the job search. Sponsored by The Senior Source, Senior Employment Program. Website: http://www.theseniorsource.org/pages/senioremployment.html or click here for current program information.
• Southlake Focus Group – Started in 2001 this group helps professionals who are unemployed or under-employed, networking for their next job. The Southlake Focus Group meets at White's Chapel United Methodist Church every Thursday from 8 am to 10:30 am. The church is located at 185 South White’s Chapel Blvd in Southlake, TX 76092. The group meets in Wesley Hall. For more info visit www.southlakefocusgroup.com
• Southlake Logistics & Supply Chain (LOGS) Group - We are a special interest group for the logistics, supply chain, transportation and warehousing sectors. We seek to share leads, network and provide fellowship and share information in the various supply chain functions. We no longer meet on a regular schedule, however··you can network with us via our Yahoo group. For more info http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/LOGSGROUP/
• St. Jude Career Alliance - the job search workshops will be held quarterly – instead of weekly - in an all-day Saturday setting. The content for the new job search curriculum will be based on Jack Bick’s latest career development book, The ChampionWay 2.0. Mr. Bick, the former publisher of the Dallas Business Journal and the Collin County Business Press, also created the Be Mission Critical:Own Your Dream Career program that served as the foundation for the St. Jude Career Alliance Ministry’s job search curriculum since 2018. The day-long workshop will have four main sections, called Experiences; two Experiences will be presented in the morning and two Experiences will be presented in the afternoon. Attendance at these quarterly all-day jobs each workshops is open to all people of any faith, ethnicity, age, etc. Everyone is welcome!
• The Links - Premier HR Networking - The LINKS is a networking group for HR Directors and VP's with a base salary of $90K+ that are looking to network with their peers or looking for their next opportunity and willing to pay it forward. The group meets on the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month. To attend the meetings, you must be part of The LINKS Yahoo Group. Here is the website to join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheLinks_dfw/join. We are also listed under the groups section of Linkedin. The group is called The Links_dfw
• Who Ya Know Career Transition Summit - JOB SEEKERS - Are you having trouble getting NOTICED by employers? Below are 7 WAYS we can help! This online networking summit gives job seekers the tools and education needed to make sure their transition is smooth to their next employment destination. Our Online Summit will teach you: Register at https://event.webinarjam.com/channel/whoyaknow
✅ How to beat the LinkedIn algorithm
✅ How to get out of the black hole & get more interviews
✅ LinkedIn basics & hacks to get more views by recruiters
✅ Best practices to engage recruiters & hiring managers
✅ Intro to corporate career opportunities
✅ Take control of the financial impact of job loss
✅ LinkedIn Introductions to #whoyaknow network of recruiters & hiring managers