Meetings are business casual and cell phone friendly. Be sure to bring business cards to share.
There is NO CHARGE for participation at any of these groups, unless noted.
Be sure to check out the groups in your area...click here to go to the map of the groups listed below.
Arlington Career Search Network - Arlington Job Networking Community (AJNC) is a networking group for job seekers with a diverse membership. We are a group of unemployed or under-employed people who are networking to find our next job. The AJNC meets in the Conference Room 142 in the main Church Building at 300 South Center Street. Use the guest entry on the northwest side of the building. Because this building is secured please come between 9:15 am and 9:30 am. You can enter on the Northwest side of the building near the children play ground area, or main entry on the east side if it is unlocked. We meet every Monday morning from 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. For more information, please visit http://fbca.org/ministries/community-connections/arlington-job-networking-community/
• Career Career and Employment Services (CES) of Jewish Family Service (JFS) - offers several different programs for the job seeker, including one-on-one appointments with a professional Career Counselor. For more information about any of the programs call 972-437-9950 or visit www.jfsdallas.org/help/careers. Career and Employment Services (CES) also has a FREE, no cost, Job Resource Center Job Resource Center with job leads, computers, phone, printer, copier and a fax machine available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 12 Noon to 5 pm. CES also offers verified, online job leads at http://jfsdallas.org/help/careers/jobboard.
• Career Care @ St. Andrew UMC - Directions: St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 5801 W. Plano Pkwy, Plano. Park on the east side of the campus, which is the Mira Vista street entrance, and park in the upper North lot and enter those doors. The rooms are down the hallway.
- "Quick Start Your Job Search" @ St. Andrew UMC - If you are NEW to your job search and have recently attended, or you are planning to attend, the regular St Andrew CareerCare program on Monday nights, then we invite you to come EARLY and attend a special session at 6:00 PM SHARP (arrive 5:45) to "Quick Start your Job Search", and then join the regular session at 7pm (see below). No registration is needed, and it is also a free session. Content:- Our volunteer professional recruiters will present "Quick Start your Job Search", an overview/orientatio n on how to develop and conduct a search from start to finish, including a resume template, registration for CareerCare job postings, and advice on interviewing, networking, etc. in a one hour "quick start" format at 6:00 PM in room 137. Then, at 7:00 PM you will join the regular meeting in the Youth Commons room for networking to get leads/contacts and hear a speaker who goes more in-depth on one key aspect of the job search method.
- • CareerConnection – Is the oldest and largest career management and networking organization in the DFW area. Founded in 1992, this group has assisted tens of thousands of professional in networking, career management and placement. For more info go to www.careerconnection.org or call 214-739-7153. There is a $20 registration fee and $10 per month fee for Career Connections. University Park UMC, 4024 Caruth Blvd. (Preston and Caruth), Dallas, TX 75225.
- General Meetings
- CareerConnection - This orginal meeting meets each Tuesday from 10 am to noon at University Park UMC, 4024 Caruth Blvd. (Preston and Caruth), Dallas, TX 75225. There is a NEW member orientation on Tuesdays from 8:45am to 10am. For more info go to www.careerconnection.org. There is a $20 registration fee and $10 per month fee for Career Connections.
- Groups by Discipline - Check at the Tuesday main meeting if these groups are meeting at this time
- Accounting / Finance Career Management Group of CareerConnection - For more info go to http://www.careerconnection.org/servicescmgs.html or visit http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/cc_finacctg_cmg/.
- Architects / Designers Career Management Group of CareerConnection - For more info go to http://www.careerconnection.org/servicescmgs.html or visit http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CC_Architects_CMG/
- Engineering & Technology Career Management Group of CareerConnection- For more info go to: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Technology_CMG
- Human Resources / Organization Development / Training Career Management Group of CareerConnection - For more info go to http://www.careerconnection.org/servicescmgs.html or http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/HRCMG/
- Journey of Faith Career Management Group of CareerConnection - For more info go to http://www.careerconnection.org/servicescmgs.html
- Marketing Communications / Sales and Business Development - For more info go to http://www.careerconnection.org/servicescmgs.html·
- Non-Profit Career Management Group of CareerConnection - For more info go to http://www.careerconnection.org/servicescmgs.html
- Project Management Career Management Group of CareerConnection - For more info go to http://www.careerconnection.org/servicescmgs.html or http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccpmgroup/
- Groups by Location - Check at the Tuesday main meeting if these groups are meeting at this time
- Arlington Career Management Group of CareerConnection - For more info go to http://www.careerconnection.org/servicescmgs.html.
- McKinney / Colin County Career Management Group of CareerConnection - For more info go to http://www.careerconnection.org/servicescmgs.html or http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CC_McKinney_CMG/
- General Meetings
• Career-in-Motion @ Watermark Community Church - Our Vision - Many people in our body have gone through big careers changes, some planned and some unexpected. Careers-in-Motion is dedicated to helping members of our body during these often stressful times of change. We want to help you through that transition period by praying with you, providing counsel during your job search and directing you to other helpful resources. Weekly Meeting - In order to connect with us, please come to our Careers in Motion meetings that occur each Tuesday at 8am on the 3rd Floor of the Watermark tower. Visit us at http://www.watermark.org/dallas/ministries/careers-in-motion Typical Agenda: 8:00 - Networking / Orientation, 8:15 - Announcements,
8:30 - Panel or Speaker, 9:30 - Networking, 10:00 - Battle Teams, 11am - end of meeeting
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SPEAKERS AT Career-in-Motion MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING 5 STATEMENTS:
I believe in the deity of Jesus Christ
I believe eternal salvation is available only through Jesus Christ
I accepted the Bible as the authoritative Word of God
I have received Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord
If asked by someone during the CIM meeting, I can give a clear presentation of the Gospel message
• Career Search Network - www.CareerSearchNetwork.org - Career Search Network’s approach to today’s job-search market is simple: Provide a location for qualified unemployed or under-employed professionals to meet and exchange professional networking data, job leads, company contacts, company and industry research. Combine this with 21st century job search strategies, career search workshops conducted by savvy industry professionals and add a healthy dose of positive reinforcement and career search accountability…at no charge and you have a better idea what makes Career Search Network unique. Choose the CSN branch that’s most convenient, sign-up and come prepared to participate and be inspired!
- Groups by Location
- Arlington Career Search Network (Formerly - Job Networking Community (AJNC)) - A networking group for job seekers with a diverse membership. We are a group of unemployed or under-employed people who are networking to find our next job. The AJNC meets in the Student Center of First Baptist Church of Arlington, every Monday morning from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. The student center is located at 401 Spaniola Drive, Arlington, TX 76010, and the Student Center is located across the street from the UTA Bookstore. For more information, please visit http://fbca.org/ministries/community-connections/arlington-job-networking-community/
- CSN Community at Bible Way - Meets Every Tuesday night at 7pm at the Bible Way Community Baptist Church, 4215 N Greenview Dr., Irving Texas 75062. 214-728-6930
- Fort Worth Career Search Network - To join this group, one must attend our Monday morning meeting. It starts at 9:00 a.m. We suggest you arrive early to register and to start networking with our members! The Fort Worth Career Search Network (FWCSN) group meets EVERY Monday at North Fort Worth Baptist Church at 5801 North I-35W, Fort Worth, TX 76131 (located in the Northwest corner of I-35W and North Loop 820). Once you attend your first meeting, you will be allowed to join our YahooGroups Site where members may post messages and job leads generously, but concisely! More information and directions can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FWCSN/.
- North Richland Hills Career Search Network - This group provides support to fellow professional job seekers in the North Richland Hills area. We exchange job leads, network, offer useful strategies for a job search, share information on job search workshops, and provide support and encouragement to each other. Facilitator Jim Bandy.· To join this group, one should attend our Tuesday morning meetings that start at 9:00 a.m. We suggest you arrive early to register and to start networking with our members! Meeting location is at: North Richland Hills Baptist Church, 6955 Boulevard 26, North Richland Hills, TX 76180-8807
- South Fort Worth Career Search Network - This group provides support to fellow professional job seekers in the South Fort Worth area. We exchange job leads, network, offer useful strategies for a job search, share information on job search workshops, and provide support and encouragement to each other. The church is located approximately 1/2 west of Interstate 35 south on Alsbury. Facilitator: Jerry Wakeland To join this group, one should attend our meetings on the Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. We suggest you arrive early to register and to start networking with our members! Meeting location is at the Alsbury Baptist Church, 500 NE Alsbury Blvd, Burleson, TX 76028
• Career Jump Start @ First United Methodist Church in Richardson - To guide our job seekers during their job search process by offering excellent informational and motivational speakers and programs; providing an opportunity to network; and assisting each member to utilize their God-given talents and abilities to become contributing members in our community. There are many ministries in the DFW area that focus on the crucial needs of the job seeker. What makes Career Jump-Start unique is that it provides guidance for a “Successful Job Search”. We do not duplicate; we guide our members throughout the entire process. There is no charge and we hope you will invite those who you believe will benefit. Weekly meetings Tuesday nights from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. First United Methodist Church, 503 North Central Expressway, Richardson, TX 75080. For more info go to:http://www.fumcr.com/pages/caring_career
• Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Group- This group has merged with the Retail Executives. (See below.)
• Dallas ATD Career Development Special Interest Group (SIG) – This SIG meets on the 4th Monday of most months. It is free and open to learning and performance professionals who are members of Dallas ATD. Non-members may attend up to 2 sessions of any SIG free. After 2 sessions, you must join Dallas ASTD by paying the annual dues. Please visit http://tddallas.org/Events for information on upcoming meetings.
• DallasHR JobLink for Human Resources Professionals - JobLink is free and open to individuals who are currently unemployed or who have been notified that their jobs are ending and who are seeking employment in the field of human resources. Membership in DallasHR is not required. JobLink meetings are at 9:00 a.m., the 1st Tuesday of each month at the Dallas HR office, 5001 LBJ Freeway. Suite 800 (Heritage Square II - Argosy University Building) Dallas, TX 75244. Please visit www.dallashr.org/joblink or call 214-631-8775 for more information on these free networking meetings.
• Employment Transition Ministry (ETM) @ First United Methodist Church Richardson - volunteers assist both members and referrals of the FUMCR community in their efforts to find employment, change careers, or return to the workplace. ETM's goal is to reduce the time of employment transition by networking with many local organizations, and through introductions to local companies represented by the members of FUMCR. Come visit us on every Sunday in room 209 at 11:00AM. A computer workstation will also be available for job-search use in the FUMCR library during their regularly scheduled hours.First United Methodist Church, 503 North Central Expressway, Richardson, TX 75080.For more information go to http://www.fumcr.com/pages/etm
• Engineering Career Management Group - This group of engineering professionals who are unemployed or under-employed meet each Tuesday from 9:00 am to 10:30am at White’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 185 S White Chapel Blvd – Evans Hall, Room 2234, Southlake, TX 76092. Discussions generally focus on current engineering opportuniites across many markets, energy, manufacturing, healthcare, oil / gas and all engineering diciplines from electrical, chemical, mechanical, civil, industrial and aeronautical. We share job leads, current industry trends as well as round table networking. We strongly encourage all engineers to attend. Guest speakers also present periodically to share current industry trends and opportunities. We also encourage working engineering professionals who would like to participate and contribute to present on current activities they are engaged in. For more details go tohttp://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CSN_Engineering/
• FAPFW - Finance and Accounting Group -· The Finance and Accounting group supporting the development of careers among the employed and unemployed. We meet each Friday from 9-11am at North Richland Hills Baptist Church, 4001 Vance Road, North Richland Hills, TX 76180. Two miles south of NE Loop 820 on Boulevard 26 (Grapevine Highway), across from a Wells Fargo Bank branch. The church is bounded by Boulevard 26, Vance Road, Glenview Drive and Parchman Street. The Room Number is 130, located in the 'The 26 Wellness Center', building wing closest to Boulevard 26. For more info go to: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/FAPFW/
• FENG (Financial Executives Networking Group) www.thefeng.org is a national organization for senior level financial executives. The purpose of our chapter meetings is to offer an invaluable opportunity for you to create a sharp focus of your background with the other members and to network for opportunities.We get together once a month. We occasionally have guest speakers. The bulk of the meetings are to network, meet new members, share leads and go over updates on leads. It is a no-pressure casual meeting where members can join in fellowship to discuss things. The normal schedule for the monthly meetings of the DFW Chapter of the FEI/FENG is the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 pm unless otherwise noted. If our organization fits your background, you are most welcome to attend. Call Bob Walker, Dallas Chapter Chair of the FEI/FENG, with any questions at 214-532-1152. Find out more at http://thefeng.org/chapters/announcement.php?ChapterID=15
• Frisco Career Transition Workshop @ Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco - This is the BEST one day workshop in the DFW area. Human Resource professionals specialized in recruitment and staffing teach advanced skills, techniques and secrets for job-hunting strategies: Utilizing the Internet and Social Media in your job search, Job search strategies, Resume writing, Networking, Interviewing, Negotiating techniques. The workshop is for anyone seeking work - unemployed, under-employed or just seeking new employment. The workshop is offered on Fridays from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, 4 times a year. The workshop is FREE, snacks and lunch included along with a workbook. To Register online, please visit: www.stonebriar.org (Helping Others - Community Care - Frisco Connect - Frisco Career Transition Workshop "Register Here" http://www.stonebriar.org/helping-others/community-impact/frisco-connect/). Stonebriar Community Church, 4801 Legendary Drive, Frisco, Texas 75034.
• Frisco Connect - meets regularly on the first and third Tuesdays of each month from 9:00 a.m. to noon in the Multi-Purpose Room, building B on the Legendary Drive side of the campus (east side) at Stonebriar Community Church, 4801 Legendary Dr., Frisco, TX 75034. Foster Williams will lead these practical meetings where you can network with others seeking employment in your particular industry and with those currently employed. There is no cost for these meetings, and no registration is needed. For more info http://www.stonebriar.org/helping-others/community-impact/frisco-connect/
• Human Resource Career Networking Group - Southlake - for HR professionals who are seeking new career opportunities and for those who would like to assist others in their career search. This weekly session is intended to be a place to provide positive encouragement, exchange job leads and network to provide help to others in their job search. If you are a recruiter and want to meet some outstanding talent, please join us! We have a very informal networking session weekly - Wednesday mornings - from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. We meet at White’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 185 S White Chapel Blvd – Evans Hall, Room 2235, Southlake, TX 76092. For more info go to: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/HRCareerNetworkingGroup/
• IT Focus Group - The networking group is for all jobseekers seeking IT opportunities and also we invite any IT employees as well that would like to help the unemployed obtain employment. All facets of the IT market will be observed. If you are involved in IT in anyway, we strongly encourage you to attend. We will be discussing the group's ideas of a national and perhaps a global prescence. We will be meeting Tuesdays at White’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 185 S White Chapel Blvd – Evans Hall, Room 2234, Southlake, TX 76092 at 9:00am.
• Job Connection @ LakePoint Church - Job Connection is a networking and support group to assist local residents in the job search process. We belong to the Crossroads Career Network and provide their workbook and website to assist those who attend. Our program is administered by knowledgeable and caring volunteers and consists of four (4) key elements. Located at LakePoint Church – The Rockwall Campus is located at: 701 E. Interstate 30, Rockwall, Texas 75087. Visit the website at: http://www.lakepointe.org/jobcon/
- Wednesday evenings from 7:30 PM to 9 PM in room W306. (An orientation for first time attendees begins at 7:00pm.) We network among those in attendance and present a mini lecture each week on these topics: The Search Process, Resumes, Networking, and Interviewing.
- Monday evenings (first and third of each month) 6:30 - 7:30pm. Small group meets for open discussions; experience sharing; some hands-on application associated with a job search or an extension of the Wednesday night discussion topic. (Attendees MUST attend a Wed. night first AND sign up for our Yahoo Group e-mail, before attending a Monday session. Monday night topics are announced via our Yahoo Group e-mail.
- Resource Room - Room A130 is open every weekday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. (A quiet place with two (2) work stations. [Free coffee, copying and faxing service provided.]
- Yahoo Groups – Private group e-mail sharing job leads and search associated announcements.
• Job Searchers Club - Bedford - Workforce Solutions of Tarrant County will host a Job Club on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. The Job Club is designed to assist people in finding job leads to obtain employment. Open to the public. Bedford Public Library, Bonnie Finn Room, 2424 Forest Ridge Dr. Bedford, Texas 76021
• Job Seekers Ministry of The Heights Baptist Church of Richardson - visit http://www.theheights.org/jobseekers/index.htm for more info on this group.
• Lincoln County Networking Group - We're a loosely organized, talented group of folks, headquartered in Plano, Texas, with members all over the country. We all are (or have been) in the same boat and are serious about helping others with networking, leads, and job search information. We are a networking and lead sharing group, not a recruitment agency, although we have a number of recruiters who work with us routinely. We meet weekly, Thursday mornings at 7:30 a.m., at the SMU campus in Plano. It's West of Preston Road (Hwy 289) on Tennyson Parkway. That's between Legacy Drive and Spring Creek Parkway. It's in a 2 story office complex on the South side of Tennyson. We meet in Building 4, Room 117. We're a low overhead group, so if you would like something to eat, we suggest you bring it with you. Meet with us weekly for networking, or, if you prefer, you can be a member "at large" and stay connected through our daily emails. The only obligations of membership in LCNG are that you need to be willing to: 1) share leads (that you aren't personally pursuing) with the rest of the group, and 2) agree to take calls from others in the group to help with networking and referrals. For more info go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lcngroup/
• NetWorkers at First United Methodist Church of Hurst - NetWorkers is a career transition group for people in the church and community offered at First United Methodist Church of Hurst (521 W. Pipeline Road, Hurst TX 76053). Meetings are held at the church in the parlor at 9:00 AM on Mondays, and usually last about 2 hours. For more info 817-282-7384.
• Real Estate Networking Group - We are a group of real estate professionals who provide job seeking support & networking information to our members within the DFW area. Our group consists of active job-seekers & employed professionals who may want to change jobs. We are a diverse group of real-estate professionals from many functional areas. We have members in property & asset management to development & acquisitions to finance & mortgage bankers to architects, Engineers & facilities planners. Come and network with us. We meet each Friday from 7:30am to 9:30am at The Lincoln Centre Café, lower level , Two Lincoln Centre, 5420 LBJ Freeway, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75244 - Phone 214.649.1029. The building located in the south-east quadrant of LBJ Freeway the North Dallas Tollway. Please park on the surface parking. For more info go to http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/RENGDFW/
• Southlake Focus Group – Started in 2001 this group helps professionals who are unemployed or under-employed, networking for their next job. The Southlake Focus Group meets at White's Chapel United Methodist Church every Thursday from 8 am to 10:30 am. The church is located at 185 South White’s Chapel Blvd in Southlake, TX 76092. The group meets in Wesley Hall. For more info visit www.southlakefocusgroup.com
• Southlake Logistics & Supply Chain (LOGS) Group - We are a special interest group for the logistics, supply chain, transportation and warehousing sectors. We seek to share leads, network and provide fellowship and share information in the various supply chain functions. We no longer meet on a regular schedule, however··you can network with us via our Yahoo group. For more info http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/LOGSGROUP/
• Technology Executives Networking Group - The Technology Executives Networking Group (TENG) is a professional community of selected Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers, vice presidents and directors of technology with organizations ranging from startups to the global Fortune 100, from non-profits to government agencies. http://www.dfw-teng.org/
• The Links - Premier HR Networking - The LINKS is a networking group for HR Directors and VP's with a base salary of $90K+ that are looking to network with their peers or looking for their next opportunity and willing to pay it forward. The group meets on the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month. To attend the meetings, you must be part of The LINKS Yahoo Group. Here is the website to join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheLinks_dfw/join. We are also listed under the groups section of Linkedin. The group is called The Links_dfw