How to use the CareerDFW Calendar
This section of the website has several calendars. We are using the program Google Calendars. All of the data come from the "Everything" calendar.
Just under the above and right above the calendar you will see a line that has several items...let's look at each one (left to right):
1) TODAY - if you click this button it will take you back to today's date. You will see a red line on the calendar which is the current time on that day.
2) - By clicking on the right or left arrow, you can advance the calendar one week at a time (forward or reverse).
3) Next you will see the current date range that you are viewing.
4) Next to the date is an arrow, if you click on it, a calendar will open that you can then pick a date to view.
There is no way at this time to look at the calendar one day at a time. This is a Google issue. I wish they would fix it.
On the right side of the calendar you will see:
5) A printer symbol and the word Print - This will allow you to print out the calendar
6) There are three tabs you can select, Week, Month, Agenda
a) Week - This is the default - you can see all the events for the week
b) Month - Here you can see all the events on a monthly calendar.
c) Agenda - This will allow you to see what is happening in a list more. This is very useful when there are many events on one day.
7) Click on this symbol and a drop down box will open. When you select or deselect the check mark those events in that category will appear or disappear from the calendar.
You can click on any of the events (in week, month or agenda mode) and see a When, Where and Description of the event . You can then click again to see more details, see a map how to get there and get directions or copy to your Google calendar.
Each event is color coded Career /Job Fairs Special Workshops or Events Career Networking Meetings Business to Business Meetings Professional Meetings Webinars, Teleseminars, Radio or TV Shows
If you are not looking at the "Everything" calendar, you can look at the calendar for any of the categories above.
Do you know of a group or event that is missing? Email